Saturday, April 14, 2007

Great Day

I love days like today. Days where I can get a lot accomplished. I love the feeling I get when things get done, especially those things that I hate doing and have avoided because of said intense dislike.

It is now 1 p.m. EST, and I have just sat down for the first time since 7:43 a.m. I have washed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees, with a sponge, one tile at a time. My floor was nasty. Those that know me IRL know that my kitchen is pretty big. It took almost an hour. It's done.

I have cooked three meals - chicken dumpling stoup (Rachael Ray recipe), mini meatloaves (14 of them) and ramen noodle soup for the kids (I'm babysitting two children in addition to my own today). I have washed the living room room - I cheated on this one and used the Swiffer. I vacuumed; I have washed more pots, pans, and Tupperware than I care to count.

I've made beds. I've cleaned my bathroom.

I've even rearranged our front room - my computer area is now in the corner and J's scrap table is in front of the picture window, closer to my scrap area. I hope with this move, she will be more inclined to "be an artist" in her own space, instead of trying to sit on my lap while I'm working on my own masterpieces. Time will tell.

Well, I better dash. I am sure there is more work to be done....like the mountains of laundry that have been screaming my name since last night.

2 comments:

Kay Day said...

I'll trade you some relaxation for some of that energy. I'm not even really sure what energy feels like.

Jenny said...

WOW! Good for you! Now you really deserve to relax!!! :-)