Friday, April 13, 2007

Ah, Relaxing.......

Today's blogger challenge is to write about something relaxing, or more specifically what I do to relax.

This is a very good question, because truthfully, I don't think I know how to relax or what that means, exactly. I simply cannot sit still, for when I do, I find myself waking up from a nap! If I'm not moving, I'm sleeping. I have two speeds -- full throttle and dead stop. I prefer full throttle.

I know I need to relax, or at least find a way to slow my mind down, especially at the end of the day. Waiting for the weekend just doesn't work because weekends are just crazy, plain and simple.

I love to scrapbook, and I find that if I just sit at my scrap table and work, I become much more pleasant. The trouble is, I'm often wound up so tight, that the thought of sitting and having fun seems wrong to me - I liken it to avoiding the Bubonic plague (in my own mind, of course. There's no such thing as the Bubonic plague anymore, is there? - time for a WIKI check, because you know I can't just sit and do nothing!)


Anyhow, I have given this some thought, and since the purpose of responding to a challenge is to answer the question, I suppose my answer has to be that I don't often relax, but I do enjoy a massage every now and then and that is REALLY relaxing! If I could afford it, I would get a massage as often as I get my haircut, every six weeks! More often than that, and I think it would lose is relaxingness, KWIM?

So, what do YOU do to relax? Leave a comment - maybe your suggestions will be just what I need to get me to relax!

2 comments:

Kay Day said...

Bonk.

Oh, and yes, the plague does still exist. (I can't spell that first bubonic word, so I'm not trying) We have outbreaks here nearly every year, but they are usually confined to Prairie Dog villages. (did I spell prairie right?) Occasionally a person catches it.

Just Me said...

I like the way you think, Kay! I'm actually working on doing just that later tonight...gotta get the kids to bed first.