Monday, January 7, 2008

Technology - Love it. Hate it.



I have this love-hate thing going on with technology today. It is a blessing and curse, simultaneously. I love the convenience of software that streamlines mundane chores like time slips. I hate the fact that it is SO efficient and so "smart" that once you hit the "approved" button and send the bill, it cannot be changed in any way, shape or form. Not even with a royal edict or a drop kick to the PC tower. I hate having to reenter 27 pages of time slips on a bill because someone told me that it was "all set - no changes."

I am trying to keep a positive outlook, but frankly after two hours of reentry, I feel like my brain is going to turn to mush, so I'm taking a break and blogging about my frustration.

Coffee break time is almost up - better get back to the monotony of repetition - for the 2ND TIME.

1 comment:

Pastor Greg said...

I hope the love-hate thing doesn't include your technology geek. ;)