Friday, January 4, 2008

10-20-30

I've been tagged, so here goes:

I have to tell you all what I was doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago.

Ok,

Ten years ago I filed for divorce from my first husband. Nine years ago to the day, I appeared in divorce court to finalize my divorce. Seven months later I married my now dh--Best decision I have made to date. Yes, I know I didn't wait very long to get married after my divorce, and no, I wasn't having an affair while I was married. Circumstances in my life were such that dh and I met, crises befell me and my family, and he was right there waiting to pick up the pieces. Within two weeks' time, I buried my father and my dissolved my first marriage. I watched my mom fall apart because of my dad's sudden death. My boys were bereft from losing their grandfather and their dad in the same year. That's when dh stepped in. I truly believe he was a knight in shining armour sent to me from the hand of God Himself. I have never regretted my relationship with my dh for a minute. Was it a quick courtship? No doubt about it. Did I think long and hard about getting married again? You better believe it. But, I believe it was meant to be and so here I am.

Twenty years ago, I was in junior college, working full-time, and planning a wedding. I was 18 years old. I should have had my head examined. What was I thinking? Oh yeah, if I get married, then I can get out of the house and live my life exactly the way I want to. Yeah, ok.

Thirty years ago. Let's see, I was eight, and probably in the third or fourth grade. To the best of my recollection, I probably did lots of homework and played tag and hopscotch on the school playground.

I have no idea if I have any "followers" on my blog, so I'll just tag my hubby.

3 comments:

Kay Day said...

Get out of the house? That's kinda funny!
Considering where you live and all.

Just Me said...

LOL...I meant out of my mother's house. It's different when you dont actually live with them in the same area. LOL

Jenny said...

Interesting post, thanks! I'm glad to know that your dh was there just when you needed him! :-)