Saturday, September 6, 2008

Riding Out The Storm

We are being hit with tropical storm Hanna today. The rain started in the wee hours of the morning; I as up at 4 a.m. and it was already coming down hard. We've had to close our windows and it's really warm in the house. But, that's ok. Rain is nothing compared to what lots of others are dealing with right now. I read that the Carolinas got the landfall, together with all wind AND rain.

We've got milk and bread and lots of candles in case we lose power later today. We are under a tropical storm warning, but I'm not quite sure what all that entails. There is absolutely no wind to speak of outside; just rain.

It's been a long time since we've had a hurricane in MA. The last one I remember was back in 2000 maybe? I don't even remember it's name because it wasn't really a big storm. The last BIG storm I remember is Gloria, sometime in the mid 80s, I believe.

My kids have never been through a REAL hurricane. I wonder if this year may change that? The tropics are really active, and it's been a LONG time since a storm has come up the eastern seaboard all the way to us.

Not that I'm wishing for a hurricane....a tropical storm will do just fine.

No comments: