Friday, September 26, 2008

Ok, Seriously....


I have to say that walking is not my preferred form of exercise. Something about it just doesn't appeal to me. Mind you, I like walking in general. I am very grateful for the ability to walk in an of itself. But, to walk for exercise...like just randomly walk without a purpose or destination in mind just isn't my idea of a good time.

Until yesterday.

I was NOT in a good mood. I blame it on PMS, though there are other, real issues behind it all, I'm sure. After all, hormones all on their own cannot make a person a raging lunatic can they? I digress.

Anyway, after a long day, most of which I spent being COLD, AND after co-leading a Girl Scout meeting with 15 six and seven year olds, I was ready for some quiet time. Not gonna happen in my house. There are five of us (six if you count my mom who drops in often) in 1500 sq. ft. of single-story space.

I needed peace and quiet desperately. So, I grabbed my trusty ipod, generously passed down to me from my 15-yo who now has the bigger, better ipod thingy that I can't remember the name of, and off I went for a walk. It was walk or bust. So walk I did.

I had, thankfully, figured out how to download music from my current CD collection. IN said colelction was the newest As I Lay Dying CD, chock full of punk/alternative/screamo-type music. Perfect.

So, off I went, screamo music blaring in my head (only in one ear, of course, so I could still hear the sounds of traffic as I walked). Can I just say that screamo music is the perfect tempo for brisk walking? Seriously. You ought to try it. There was actually a very pretty ballad near the end of the CD, just as I finished my walk. Perfect timing. And almost no screaming (in the ballad or from me).

Get thee some screamo music forthwith. It may change your mind about walking (for exercise!).

No comments: