Thursday, July 26, 2007

Monday Madness (Yes, I know it's Thursday)

Since I also am creatively challenged, I lifted this meme from Loop de Loops blog, which she in turn lifted from Monday Madness.

This one is about food:

1. Are there any weird "food rules" you have? Feel free to list as many as you like.

Well, after a lifetime of dieting (mostly unsuccessfully) I am sure I have lots of food rules that don't seem like food rules to me but really are. For instance, I used to love fettucine alfredo. I cannot bring myself to eat it now because I know how incredibly fattening and bad for your heart it is. I don't eat chocolate, but I love chocolate. I always analyze food in my head before I eat it. Often, said analysis will cause me to pass it by. It amazes me that with all my food rules and issues, I'm still overweight. But that's a different post altogether.


2. When you were growing up, what ONE thing did your parents always remind you of, when it came to meal time (or cooking)?

That I should eat everything on my plate because there were starving children in Africa. Looking back, I see that that argument makes absolutely no sense? How would my eating everything on my plate help starving children in Africa? Shouldn't I send them food instead?


3. Is there anyone you know whose food you won't eat (for one reason or another)?

I don't think so.


4. Is there anything you "specialize" in cooking, that people actually ask for?

Well, I make a great lemon raspberry pie, and a gingerbread trifle that is awesome, if I say so myself. Do people actually request it? No, not really. They do however, always ask for my husband's potato salad.


5. When you were growing up, what one meal do you remember as being your favorite?

New England Boiled Dinner - inevitably, though, even time my mom made it, I got sick BEFORE eating it, so I never got to enjoy it right away. I always got the leftovers.



6. Today, what is your IDEAL meal?


Grilled salmon, rice pilaf, and roasted veggies if I'm being "good."
If I choose to indulge, then I'll have Thanksgiving dinner, with all the fixings.


This meme comes from Monday Madness

No comments: