Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Taste of Summer

Today we are going to a pool party. Yes, I know it's raining and cold, and yes, I know that just a few miles north of us, they are getting pounded with more snow. But, today, we are going to bask in a pseudo-summer type of thing. Some friends from church are hosting their kids' birthday party today at another friend's home. This friend happens to have an indoor pool. Very cool! And very generous of the friend to offer her home.

So, I have had the pleasure today of unpacking some swim trucks and a bathing suit for my kids. It was very surreal. My heat is turned up because it's so cold and here I am taking out shorts and a bathing suit and dressing my kids in them. It should be a fun time.

After that, we have plans to drive up to my sister's house for the evening. Her stepsons are visiting this weekend, so we are getting together for some "cousin" time. I think we are going to a place called Cinema Pub. It's a restaurant that serves you dinner while a CURRENT movie plays on the big screen. I believe tonight's choices of movies are "The Bucket List" and "Enchanted." Should be fun; I've never been there. I like doing new things.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Stay tuned for my post on this week's word, TRUST.

No comments: